Saturday, June 30, 2012

Re: Extraordinary Beauty: As above, so below ~ Simply breath-taking: The Milky Way

Beautiful. I love the night sky in places you can actually see it. Some of the remote State parks in Northern New Mexico have views like this.

Hope you're doing well Bob.

Dan

On Jun 30, 2012 10:27 AM, "Dan Stafford" <aquarianm@gmail.com> wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Robert Mendelson" <elijah18901@yahoo.com>
Date: Jun 30, 2012 5:27 AM
Subject: Fw: Extraordinary Beauty: As above, so below ~ Simply breath-taking: The Milky Way
To: "the_great_river_Euphrates@yahoogroups.com" <the_great_river_Euphrates@yahoogroups.com>


Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 5:48 AM
Subject: Extraordinary Beauty: As above, so below ~ Simply breath-taking: The Milky Way

2012 The Awakening | A resource for Starseeds, Lightworkers and all others on the journey toward Ascension and bui
http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com/


Extraordinary Beauty: As above, so below ~ Simply breath-taking: The Milky Way floats over a serene lake in an image which took two years to get just right!


Posted on June 28, 2012

June 27, 2012

by Eddie Wrenn

dailymail.co.uk


Occasionally an image comes along which is simply breath-taking.

This, we humbly submit, is one of them, an image of the Orion Arm of the Milky Way galaxy, stretching in an immense band across the skies and giving us just the tiniest glimpse of the vastness of our universe around us.

The image was taken by astrophotographer Luc Perrot on the French island of RĂ©union, to the East of Madagascar, who reports that he waited two years to get the perfect light conditions.

But it was worth it.


In the foreground, surrounded by bushes and trees, lies a water-filled volcanic crater serenely reflecting starlight.

A careful inspection near the image center will locate Piton des Neiges, the highest peak on the island, situated several kilometers away.

In the background, high above the lake, shines the light of hundreds of stars, most of which are within 100 light years, right in our stellar neighborhood.

Far in the distance, arching majestically overhead, is the central band of our home Milky Way Galaxy, shining by the light of millions of stars each located typically thousands of light years away.


http://exopermaculture.com/2012/06/28/extraordinary-beauty-as-above-so-below/


From my collection:



Milky Way over San Fransisco Peaks,  Flagstaff




Bristlecone Pine & Milky Way


Navajo Prayer for Healing - Sacred Pauses
http://www.sacredpauses.com/2008/03/navajo-prayer-for-healing/

In the house made of dawn.
In the story made of dawn.
On the trail of dawn.
O, Talking God.His feet, my feet, restore.
His limbs, my limbs, restore.
His body, my body, restore.
His mind, my mind, restore.
His voice, my voice, restore.
His plumes, my plumes, restore.With beauty before him, with beauty before me.
With beauty behind him, with beauty behind me.
With beauty above him, with beauty above me.
With beauty below him, with beauty below me.
With beauty around him, with beauty around me.With pollen beautiful in his voice, with pollen beautiful in my voice.
It is finished in beauty. It is finished in beauty.
In the house of evening light.
From the story made of evening light.
On the trail of evening light.


Walking in Beauty | Explore the richness of interconnection | A Sacred Fool
http://www.asacredfool.com/soul-poems/walking-in-beauty/

Walking in Beauty

In beauty, may I walk.
All day long, may I walk.
Through the returning seasons, may I walk.Beautifully I will possess again.
Beautifully birds…
Beautifully joyful birds…On the trail marked with pollen, may I walk.
With grasshoppers about my feet, may I walk.
With dew about my feet, may I walk.With beauty, may I walk.
With beauty before me, may I walk.
With beauty behind me, may I walk.
With beauty above me, may I walk.
With beauty all around me, may I walk.In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty,
lively, may I walk.
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty,
living again, may I walk.It is finished in beauty.
It is finished in beauty.

- Excerpt from the Navajo Night Way Ceremony




































No comments:

Post a Comment